Fishing Bait: How to Hook a Cricket?
In this article, we will talk about a cricket. It is another chatterbait that could be used to catch another fish. In life, we want things to be easier, nicer, and more relaxed so don’t worry just sit, scroll and smile while you gain information about a cricket. This is going to be awesome and find the answer to the question “How to hook a cricket”!
Fishing Bait: How to Hook a Cricket?Cricket? What is He?How to Catch CricketsThings to HaveStepsUsing a Soft Drink BottleUsing a Cardboard TubeUsing a NewspaperHow to Hook a CricketThings To HaveSteps
Cricket? What Is He?
Cricket came from the family of Gryllidae and part of the order Orthoptera. Their size in length is 1-2 inches. First and foremost before we get to hook crickets, the question is where do we find crickets. They can be found in grassy fields especially when summer.
You can find them in all parts of the world except in cold places because they mostly reside in tropical regions. You can get them with your hand or a net. In the United States, black crickets are the most popular. Crickets like sleeping during the day and love staying awake during the night. Yes, they are nocturnal. Probably this is the reason why they are easier to capture in the day.
“Orchestra” is how we call a number of crickets. “Nymph” is what we call to a baby cricket. Back in ancient China and Japan, crickets were royalty’s pets. In Thailand, they are cooked crisply. It is fine whether you get a male or female crickets. By the way, male and female crickets are just called “male cricket” and “female cricket” respectively.
The difference is that females have longer antennas. This article will also give three ways on how to catch crickets. Of course, we have to go step by step. We can never know how to hook a cricket if we don’t examine or find out where they come from.
How To Catch Crickets
Things To Have
- 2-liter bottle
- Sealed container
- Cardboard tube
- Granulated sugar
Using a Soft Drink Bottle
- With a sharp knife, cut the top of a 2-liter bottle.Things like this might get slippery so please be careful in cutting the top.
- Turn over the part that was cut off and still place it in the bottle.Like inverted! Remember to remove the cap.
- Pour sugar into the bottle until it creates one strong layer.The crickets will try to go inside and reach the sugar. In this case, they will have ahard time to go out from the bottle.
- Put the bottle where crickets are most seen.In this matter, it would not be difficult for you to catch crickets. You can now do other precious stuff while you wait.
Using a Cardboard Tube
- Put enough food in the cardboard tube. One example of this is the tube of bathroom tissue. Any food would do and breadcrumbs can be one of them.
- Leave the tube where crickets are often present
- Go back the next day to gather the crickets.You must have a jar to place them.
Using a Newspaper
- Combine granulated sugar and breadcrumbs together.Things to note: crickets don’t like to eat spicy breadcrumbs so just make it plain and simple. You can still use the breadcrumbs and sugar left in the future.
- Spatter the mixture where there are crickets going around.This kind of method is better done outdoors so that it would not entertain other pests like cockroaches and mice if you place this inside your house. It would be better if you do this by the day as well.
- Put a layer of newspaper over the mixture
- Go back to the place the next day before the dew dries
- Collect the crickets into the bottle container.There are jars in the bait store or you can also just put the crickets in the paper bag.
After knowing all these things, it is now time to focus our attention on why you are reading this article is, of course, to know how to hook a cricket. If you are a newbie in fishing, you must be extra attentive when you hook the crickets. It is better when you cast the crickets alive so that when it moves, it would be seen immediately by the fishes. It doesn’t matter as well if the cricket is already dead. It is still a good chatterbait.
Are you ready to know how? Here are the five easy steps on how to hook a cricket.
How To Hook a Cricket
Things To Have
A bag/container of Crickets
- Squeeze the both sides of a cricket with your index and thumb finger.Since a cricket is small in size, make sure that you hold it properly.
- Place the hook at the back of the cricket.When we say at the back of the cricket means just below the head.
- Tie the hook in order the end would come out from the cricket’s back.
- Connect the hook and the line.If the hook has not been tied to the line, do it now. But the majority of the people tie the hook and line first before they hook the cricket.
- Throw your fishing pole into the water.After catching crickets and hooking one cricket at a time, you are now ready to catch some fish.
Now, this is where your patience should be longer than anyones. You have to learn how to wait. Some fishes do not react immediately to the moving of the crickets but with the right amount of time, you will be able to catch some fish. Lets see thi video to know “How to Hook a Cricket Fast“
If crickets don’t do justice which means it is somehow impossible for you to get fish through this chatterbait, do not worry for there are still other chatterbaits such as small fish, bread, and algae if you are aiming for mullets to be caught.
One of the famous crickets in the world is Jimmy Cricket, the good friend of Pinocchio. He tells Pinocchio to always listen to the small voice that people don’t really listen which is the conscience. Jimmy Cricket is a wonderfully made creature who lets us realize that it doesn’t matter whether the right happens at the right time or wrong happens at the right time or vice versa. Some things just really do happen for a reason.
I believe people must act like adults sometimes. This means we must be wiser in making decisions. Seldom we don’t listen to our conscience because sometimes we also have to break rules (hopefully in a nice people-benefiting way). Same goes for fishing, it would really take time but the most imperative is that we did not give up. It is very important if we keep a positive mindset and attitude when we do the things we love such as fishing.
We should all be thankful for crickets which help us make our lives easier, nicer and more relaxed. With this kind of chatterbait, we are able to catch some fish and have something on the plate. Some people sell or put these fishes in an aquarium. Whichever or whatever purpose, we may always respect sea creatures. It is a different story when we throw bombs just to catch some fish.
We must always remember that when we hurt Mother Nature, Her actions are unbearable and overpowering in return. When catching some fish we must also balance things out.
Fishing has also been a bonding for families and friends. I would see families who would go to lakes, shores, and rivers and bring different kinds of food. They would spend mornings or afternoons with their loved ones and catch some fishes.
It is an entertaining, fun and cute way to learn new things. If you always love going alone to catch fish, do try to grab the hands of your family or friends and go to a nearby body of water.
What are you waiting for? Get your fishing pole and a bag of crickets!
If you think this article has been a huge help in so many ways, please do not hesitate to share this with your friends. I can’t wait to read your comments so if you have questions, please do write it down. We might not know, it would be the next article I am going to do. Have a great day!